Thursday, 18 December 2014

Technologic Process of Construction/Production ( What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?)

Software and Equipment:

I used a Canon 500D SLR camera to take my photos of my artists. I also used the Canon digital photo professional editing software, for my photo manipulations. I also used Photo shop to edit the final photos for small touch ups. I also used Adobe InDesign CS5.5 to create the margins and columns for the layout of my magazine as well as using it to construct the pages. Other software's I used to create my blog were, Blogger and PowerPoint.

Using Canon digital photo professional editing software:

 
1. I found use this software quite easy to use for my photo manipulations. I started off by messing around with saturation to make it black and white. I then continued to experiment with the contrast to find the correct lighting to highlight the creases in his shirt to define them.
 
2. I then decided I was happy with the highlights and shadowing of my cover photo.
 
I enjoyed using this editing software as it was professional yet easy to use. I found that it was a lot better quality at editing the photos professionally. It also proved to be really easy to convert my manipulations to Jpegs easy to import into Adobe InDesign.

Before and After Photos

Skylar Matthews

 

 Supporting Artist Before and After Photos

Jazmin Star

 

 Jason Ripley

The Krugers

 

Using Photoshop and Adobe InDesign

 

 
I used Photo shop to touch up some of my photos as my artists had a few blemishes on their face. For Jazmin Star's photo I had decided to cut out background of her picture and I felt it gave the contents page more edge and in doing this I used Photoshop to edit the background out and had a smooth finish to the curves of the image.
 
I used the "patch tool" to fix their blemishes and make the skin look smooth and perfect. I found this quite hard as I was not very good with using Photoshop but during the process of making the magazine I began to work more fluidly and I learnt a lot from tutorials on YouTube.  
 
 Example: 

 Using Adobe InDesign

Whilst constructing my pages I found it very tricky to create my margins and text boxes for the feature article and as I was ill during the demo from our teacher on the software. I was very dependant on tutorials on YouTube for using Adobe InDesign.
 
Stage 1 Tutorial - Page composition
 
Stage 2 Tutorial- importing pictures 
 
Stage 3 Tutorial- creating text boxes
 
Stage 4 Tutorial- inserting drop caps
 
Stage 5 Tutorial- using guidelines and columns 
 
Stage 6 Tutorial - wrapping text around objects (final stage of basic tutorial)
 

 Using PowerPoint to convert slides to My Blog

I have been using PowerPoint since primary school and I am very experienced in using this software and in   this experience I have developed my work to it's full potential. I found it a lot easier than using the blogging system all the time as you could upload them easily and quickly. 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment