Thursday, 11 December 2014

Finished Magazine Front Cover

 
This is my final product of my front cover. I  decided to change parts of the composition of the layout to suit a more indie style. I thought the use of the artist's signature on the magazine would resemble a more pop genre so I decided to discard the idea of the signature. I also decided to change the position of the cover lines as well as adding the magazine's website at the bottom of the cover. I also made the decision to have the dominant image overlapping the masthead, this was not according to my original draft. I changed this because I felt it gave the cover more depth and perception to it and created a more complex style which would be noticed within indie style and would appeal to the audience more. I also felt it gave a sense of confidence within the magazine as people would recognise it well from the abstract font imaging.
In the end I found this design too overpowering and confusing to navigate so I changed the colour scheme slightly and used the same font for the extras around the dominant image and this proved to compliment the cover a lot better and was a lot more ascetically pleasing to the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment